Thursday, March 04, 2004

Chernobyl

So I suppose this is mostly a unrelated topic, but I just read about the chernobyl reactor in someone's blog... man that shit sticks with you.
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/page2.html
for those of you interested I have posted the link.

I don't have a reputation for caring about the environment, as a matter of fact I have never hugged a tree without trying to hump it. Nor have I ever complained about the trash of others unless it was a real eyesore, or cigarette butts inches from an ashcan. however having read the story of the town and seeing it in pictures from the point of someone similar to my self I can now fully understand the impact of irresponsibility and the lives of others.
I often deal with irresponsibility in my life, whether caused by myself or others.
infact I often am more willing to accept responsibility for the actions of others before dealing with the consequences of my own choices
I'm not sure my point here, whether I am angered by the sheer tragedy of the loss of all that was in Chernobyl from the pristine wilderness to the human lives still dying from radiation poisoning; or whether I am more appalled by the fact that such a disaster is possible through my own irresponsibility. Don't get me wrong I'm pretty sure I couldn't cause such devastation and chaos, but still I look at the damage one can cause in ones own life and think of this as a lesson.

currently in my life I have come to realize it is possible to pollute a relationship with toxic emotions just as quickly as any nuclear bomb
I'm sure this doesn't make sense really but right now I view parts of my emotional life a a wasteland of friendships gone awry trusts betrayed.
much like the desolate Russian wasteland known as chernobyl I view this as the result of irresponsibility. My recent experiences lead me to reform my friendships, and hope those who had initially chose to betray the responsibilities entrusted in a friendship seek reform.

and so I can only pray for the wasteland that is currently some of my friendships and also for the delicate wasteland that is in Russia.
may God heal us all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home