Thursday, February 17, 2005

Voices from the past.

Yesterday I was at my friend Jordan's computer shop, trying to get my quickdrive memory stick fixed. (I had corrupted the disk and erased all the data I needed for school). When suddenly a girl walks up to me and throws both her arms around me, and says my name. After a few seconds of shock, the greeting suddenly registers with me, and I realize that she's an old acquaintance from highschool, Natasha Klatt. She had recognized me walking through the parking lot, and wanted to say hello to me. She was one of those people that I always thought I would never forget... You know the kind of person. In highschool, I was one of those people that somehow seemed like they would fade from memory the second they left the room. Yet she remembered me when I could barely place her face until she said her name. Funny how life is that way.

We go through life convinced that some things never change, still believing that we ourselves change constantly, then we find out one day it's really the opposite... we never change, but our frame of reference shifts constantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home