Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Lucky.

Here is a brief glimpse at a scene from the movie I have written. It is copyrighted so I am not to worried about posting it here, but if you see it anywhere else let me know and I will kill them.

the premise is the 3 are talking about several love affairs gone wrong. Shannon just dumped Faye and failed with Lucky. Thomas dumped Gwen and is about to meet Lisa. Luckys name is a running gag throughout the script.
Shannon
Scene 9:
int. somewhere.
Shannon, Carl and Thomas play chess.
Shannon: so, how did things go with Gwen?
Thomas: (matter of fact) never saw her again.
Shannon: what the hell!? I thought that she was the reason all this began.
Thomas: sorta...
Shannon: (moves piece) you bishops in check.
Thomas: (studies board, moves checking Shannon’s queen) It was more about me calming down, and you learning to live a little. (points) check your queen. (pause) How about you and Faye?
Shannon: over. (Blocks move with pawn)
Thomas: who ended it? (takes pawn)
Shannon: I did, your move.
Thomas: (points) no, I just moved... are you trying to kill your queen?
Shannon: enough. (moves queen into another check) I don’t need her
Thomas: I think you should take that back.
Shannon: fuck her!
Thomas: (interrupting) Faye or the queen?
Shannon: (stunned silence)
Thomas: I was talking about your last move, you moved your queen into check again.
Shannon: (looks up) I AM KING HENRY THE 8TH! and I say OFF WITH THE BITCHES HEAD! (knocks queen over)
Thomas: ... so she dumped you?
Carl:I can see neither of you will be useful tonight.
Shannon:Actually I need a drink
Carl:Thomas?
Thomas:Sounds good to me.
Carl:Then you buy, (points at Thomas) I choose, and you shut up. (points at Shannon)

cut:
the three now stand outside a bar with “Lucky’s” flashing in neon above the door



Shannon:Asshole.
Carl:(Laughs)Actually I found this place months ago; this just makes it more fun.
Thomas:So if it’s not to fuck with Shannon why are we here?
Carl:Because I want you to meet a friend of mine
Enter Lisa.Lisa:Welcome to Lucky’s… any drinks for you gentlemen?
Carl:In a moment; first, I’d like to introduce you two. Lisa meet Thomas, Thomas meet Lisa. Shannon, Lisa; Lisa, Shannon. (points at Shannon) Go find us a table.
Lisa:I have a nice one open by the bar.
Thomas:A bar seat will be fine, we don’t plan on staying
Carl:Actually we’d like a table.
Lisa:We have a seats open in either place.
Carl:The table will be fine, and tell your manager that you have some visitors
Lisa:(looks around the bar, it’s dead) Yeah. I think I can do that. (exits)
Carl:(sits at table)Thomas, you spend too much time with the wrong people. It’s time you understood that a woman is to be treasured, and did something to make a relationship last.
Shannon:And this requires a table?
Thomas:Or does this require Lisa?
Carl:Bingo.
(Lisa returns with tray of four drinks and sits)
Lisa:I thought I would bring the house specialty, my treat.
Thomas:Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home