Saturday, March 20, 2004

So yeah... I rode bikes with Ana today and she kicked my ass, I thought I was doing OK until we stopped and I asked her how I was doing... Silence (for those of you who don't know us, I can tell the difference between every type of silence you'll ever hear from Ana). So I asked 'that bad?' and the only reply was 'a little slow, but...' now I knew where this was going... So I asked how slow. Then she said it. She looked at me and said 'well I was riding and thinking to myself wow look there's scenery on these trials.' that's when I knew I was fucked.

As most of you know I've been having transportation problems.. (I'm not at liberty to talk about what's up with my car... but lets just say in a few months I may be really pissed at my insurance.) back on the subject though, as soon as we got home from our ride I began to clean the mud out of my bike, ( the mud was fantastic ) and once I had cleaned out the gears I lubed the chain up and went for a quick spin around the street to get all the gears properly oiled. As I was shifting back through the gears my derialer and my gripshift unit simultaneously broke. meaning I can blame my poor riding on the bike :) only problem with this is now I have to spend $70 to fix my bike, and the shop says its too old to upgrade it to a suspension without considerable expense. So now I finally have people to ride with if I get better, just not equipment to keep up with them... I even just found out that one of the riders likes to go about my speed, so I can say even that is not a problem.

eh, you win some... Wait no you don't.
you just lose most of them.

now someone ask about my car, there's a new twist in that story and nobody believes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home