Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Lorax

so yeah... like I mentioned on Ana's page i am trying to recreate the bard's style and apply it to Dr. Suess.
time began: 11:43pm
Yon Lorax

yon lorax of noble soul, did reside at the far end of towne.
nestled 'pon a bed of grickle grass, upon a stump of aged tuftla.
sits the abode of the Oncler of olde.
across yon arid plane waft the sour breeze bearing the cry of the tuftla trees.

If thou should seek to know of this place, its bowels heaved askew.
thou must seek the Oncler.
from a purse, provide that which is sought. a shell, a nail, and coins afew.
Into a device of greatest secrecy the whisperer shall whisper.

This noble tube shall he impart with the knowledge:
'The Lorax lived before the thoughts man had turned towards this land.'
with a pause of noble intent, and a breath as if he was spent, he spake thus:
'As a lad I came to this land, of tuftaluft trees, so far untouched by human hand.
A cough, as if the gods sought his soul. Somberly continued my aged sage.
'Yon land was as a maid, skin fair and sweet smelling hair.'
Upon this cursed abyss I now stood, cold as a grave. No, for not but my beliefs would one embrace this tale...

And yet I listened: for the counsel of fools is to ignore days of olde.
I listened and heard a tale of things untold.

Upon his finish, naught was offered, neither drink, nor food, nor rest.
For the road called, the soul wept, and this land did cry to be blest.
Lo, even the grave of a hundred kinsmen hath no more somber note than my cry of silence.

time finished 12:54am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home